5 Tips to Creating An Effective TV Ad
Creating a TV ad may sound like a lot of fun, but the truth is that they take a lot of work, time, and energy. It’s not just about creating the tv ad, you need to make sure that it is effective and will attract the right customers.
The good news? TV ads range widely in price and production. So, don’t think that just because you’re a small business you can’t make good effective ads. Each business is going to tailor their ad specific to their own needs.
The ads that air during halftime at the superbowl require a completely different budget and goal than a small business owner who is trying to get the word out there about his local shop. Let’s look at some pointers that can help you create an effective ad.
- Have one message. It is crucial to have one message when you are trying to promote your small business. It may be tempting to try to cram everything about your business in there. You need people to know about your business and what it has to offer, but you have to keep it short and sweet. Remember that you are limited to only a few minutes in your ad. It is important that you focus on one central message that your audience will remember easily. If you try to throw too many things at them, they may become overwhelmed or disinterested.
- Tell a story. The best way to draw in new people, is to tell a good story. Instead of trying to just sell and throw deals in their face, get a little personal and show people why your business started. This will make your ad feel a lot more authentic and approachable to the audience. Those watching won’t think it’s just another ad clawing for their attention. People still value and crave authenticity.
- Target your audience. We can’t stress enough how important this is. This knowledge gives you the ability to focus, zone in and speak to those who are interested in your products. Instead of trying to appeal to everybody, find out who your audience is and focus on trying to sell to them. If your shop sells baby clothes, then you are going to create your ads to appeal to new parents. Not everyone watching your ad is going to be interested, so you want to make sure that you hook those who are into the products that you sell.
- Come up with a slogan. Just think of any household brand name that comes to your head. Chances are, there was probably a catchy slogan that stuck with you from that brand to help you remember their name. Having a memorable slogan actually has more power than you think. It’s more than just a catchy phrase, it’s a way for customers to remember your business and what it has to offer. It’s very hard to think of a household name brand that does not have a slogan.
- Product placement. This is a subtle yet effective way for you to put your business out there. This can be your time to shine and get the word out about your brand. This can also make your brand appear more modern. You also don’t have to worry about bothering those who are watching. In addition to that, they will also be more likely to remember your brand because they can tie your brand to a memorable scene in a TV show, movie, or wherever they saw your brand appear.
Keep these tips in mind when you start your journey into television advertising. These tips also work for web videos. Whether you’re running a YouTube ad campaign or just want video content for your website, these tips will still help you be successful.
To start your advertising journey with Live 1 Media, click here.